Family Stability / Domestic Violence
GLS staff have been trained, specifically, on the dynamics of domestic violence and working with survivors in a compassionate and empowering manner.
Our attorneys provide assistance in all areas of civil, family law cases where there has been domestic violence or child abuse. This includes the following types of services:
- Representation at Injunction for Protection Hearings
- Dissolution of Marriage (divorce) Proceedings
- Paternity Actions
- Child Custody/Visitation
- Child Support Matters
- Relocation Assistance
- Timesharing/Custody Matters
- Relative Caregiver Child Custody
If full representation cannot be provided in your case, we strive to provide an attorney that can guide and assist you in this critical time of need by:
- Reviewing forms before you file them;
- Assisting you to prepare for hearings; and/or
- Going over the next steps in your case.
If you do not feel safe from your abuser, we urge you to contact a domestic violence shelter. The following shelters can help: