Financial Stability Assistance
Gulfcoast Legal Services (GLS) offers a variety of legal services to help clients maintain financial and income stability. These services address a wide range of legal matters that, without representation, can be devastating to clients. These services fall into three general categories: Consumer, Birth Certification/Identification Matters, and Tax. Examples of cases GLS may handle are listed below:
Low Income Taxpayer Matters:
- Response letters for the IRS
- Substantiating income tax credits and deductions
- Assisting with audits/examinations
- IRS levies and liens
- Assisting with Innocent Spouse relief, Injured Spouse claims, Currently Not Collectable Status
- Tax Court representation
Note: We do not help with tax preparation
- Medical Bills
- Public Utilities Issues
- Debt Collection Defense
- Creditor Harassment
- Credit Report review
- Car Repossession
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
- Birth Certificate and Identification Matters
- GLS can prepare life-planning documents, such as living wills, healthcare surrogates, etc. when our grant funding allows.
- GLS can provide advice and counsel regarding disputes involving Social Security, SSI Supplementary Security Income and SSD Disability.
From Our Partners:
United Way Suncoast helps clients with financial coaching, prescription drug assistance, and Bank On certified bank accounts.