Financial Stability Assistance
Gulfcoast Legal Services (GLS) offers a variety of legal services to help clients maintain financial and income stability. These services address a wide range of legal matters that, without representation, can be devastating to clients. These services fall into three general categories: Consumer, Public Benefits, and Tax. Examples of cases GLS may handle are listed below:
- Medical Bills
- Public Utilities Issues
- Debt Collection Defense
- Creditor Harassment
- Garnishment of Social Security and Wages
- Birth Certificate and Identification Matters
- Social Security Appeals
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SSD (Disability)
- Unemployment Compensation
- SNAP/Food Stamps
- Veterans Benefits
- GLS also can help create life-planning documents, such as living wills, healthcare surrogates, etc.
- GLS operates a Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic.
- GLS partners with United Way Suncoast to help clients receive financial coaching, prescription drug assistance, and Bank On certified bank accounts.